Wednesday, September 28

no more tears


I have oily hair - eww. The type of oily where if I don’t wash it for a couple of days, my hair changes from its normal dark blonde shade, to a slimy dark-brown. It’s shiny in all the wrong ways. I attempt to cover it up with a hat on the days I don’t wash it, but there’s this lurking fear: what if I have to take my hat off for some reason... terrifying. And if I do wash it every day, it has a squeaky clean quality to it, which doesn’t quite pull off the luscious, wavy look I am striving for. After experiments with various brands of shampoo (Herbal Essences, Tres Semme, Sunsilk, Sulkin), I discovered a substance which does the trick.

“We know how important it is to give (Danielle) the purest, gentlest and mildest care around.” Johnsons’s
Pros:
-          No froth
-          Makes hair soft and silky
-          Mild scent
-          Doesn’t take all your natural oils
-          Pretty much the cheapest shampoo you’ll ever buy

Now here’s the pro to top them all – take a look at the red tear shape on the bottle. That says “No More Tears” .i.e. when you next rub shampoo in your eyes, you won’t be cursing, and wailing, and blind.  That feature really got me.
Moving on to the post-wash stage. Go to the cupboard, and retrieve your White Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar. All our shampoos and conditioners leave a build-up on our hair, and the way to get rid of this and achieve shiny hair is to use a vinegar rinse once or twice a week. 

Recipe:
1 litre warm water
¼ cup Vinegar

It’s easy-peasy-japanesy (to use a forbidden rhyme). You just pour it over your head, and then rub it into your hair with your fingers. Leave on for 5 minutes – just enjoy the warm water trickling down your body, and forget the drought for this period of time. Then rinse it off and turn off the shower. 
Pretty sure I'll still be using this formula when I'm eighty years old, on my luscious white hair. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment