Wednesday, June 19

words for wednesday {page 8, silver lining}





 

“Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.”


Fyodor Dostoevsky

Yesterday was one of those bliss days, the rare ones where you are singing inside because you are overwhelmed with the good, all the good which is as clear daylight. Not only was I well enough to do the dishes and other chores, I was well enough to play my flute. My two month music drought ended, and I felt wildly happy not only to be able to play, but to be able to feel all the raw highs and lows that music expresses. I danced, and played, and enjoyed my yellow teacup, and walking through puddles in gumboots, and my dog and man’s cuddles. I even saw three elegant dolphins at the waterfront, which tells you what kind of a day it was. And I won’t have this euphoria every day, but it told me that there is so much good I have been overlooking. As my friend{who always says the best things} wrote me,

“So the silver lining is quite thick.”

 It always is quite thick, when I choose to have a look.




If you want some ecstatic music, try Tchaikovsky’s Hungarian Dance, the happiness begins part way through, but isn’t it so much better after some melancholy?



No comments:

Post a Comment