Tuesday, January 1

wonder





I was looking over some of my blogs from 2012, and one stood out to me.


"I would love to begin a post one day by writing something like this:
Feeling well, and coping with life at the moment.
Apparently it is possible to feel that you are coping with life, I’ve heard of people who do, but I don’t think I’ve felt like that for a solid three years."

And because I would love to begin a post like and for it to be true, I will write it now.

Feeling well, and coping with life at the moment.

There, I said it. I meant it, I felt it.

If I couldn’t put into words how great the suffering of chronic illness feels, I can even less put into words the inexpressible amazement and joy of returning to health when you didn’t expect you would. There are simply not words in our vocabulary which do justice to these feelings. ‘Amazed’ has been so overused in such inappropriate circumstances that it falls far short.'Flabbergasted’ is getting closer but seems to imply an unsettled amazement – and quite frankly, I feel blissfully content. 

It is inarticulatable, and I suppose that is a beautiful thing. Perhaps only common things can be fully expressed in words. After all, there are so many things in life which can’t quite be captured or comprehended because of the huge complexity of our minds and bodies. When words fail, I think that images and music can often reach a little closer. 

Thomas Tallis lived a long time before us, in the 1500’s. His music is heart wrenchingly glorious and this piece seems to capture the unspeakable. This peice says ‘wonder’ to me. 



Wishing you a year filled with beautiful moments, smiles, increasing courage, comfort, relationships & well days.

Danielle x


Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles - Charlie Chaplin


No comments:

Post a Comment