Wednesday, May 1

words for wednesday {page 1}




"Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says, “I’ll try again tomorrow.” 

- M.A. Radmacher


  
I love this quote because it reminds me to hop back on the bike. I think courage is persevering with things you struggle with, picking yourself back up when you’ve been criticized, deciding to be different to the crowd, learning a new skill, completing a project, having an honest & difficult conversation, moving forward....oh so many things. Every day seems to take courage to just get up and do what you’re supposed to be doing. It doesn’t feel grand mostly, but it is courageous.




“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art....It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.”



- C.S. Lewis


Occasionally I have really questioned how valuable I would be to society as a musician (and earlier, as a dancer.) It was really confusing, because there was nothing else which seemed to be right for my gifting. I looked at nurses and lawyers and wondered if my passion was really going to be a benefit to society. But I love these words by Lewis, because he realises that making survival beautiful and uplifting people has huge value. Friends, music, books, flowers – they enrich my life.

On a daily basis, friendship (this includes Wolfie), cups of tea (right now, it’s English Breakfast every single time), crochet and sunshine are the things which I enjoy the most. What makes your survival more pleasant every week? I'd love to know.


strawberry sundae granny squares



Ps.These Maxwell Williams 'Sprinkles' teacups were a gift, and I am really enjoying them. I didn't know how much better the tea experience is from a teacup.




To those of you who know that I have always blogged about things related to chronic illness, I’ve decided to add some other things to this little space. Sometimes I don't have anything more to say or feel about being sick, especially as my health is more stable and less devastating than it was. Since I was young, I have avidly collected and been inspired by quotes – so that’s what I’ll be sharing on Wednesdays. Some healthy and much loved recipes that Ben and I have lived on might pop up too. x


No comments:

Post a Comment